Vein treatments at center for vein treatment are safe, affordable and effective. When you visit experienced Manhattan vein specialist, you should expect no less than a thorough examination, a quick diagnosis and a wide range of advanced treatment options. You do not have to live with unsightly or painful veins now that you found the best varicose vein doctor, Dr. Gorelik.
Damaged veins that you can see just under the surface of your skin can either signal a serious health concern or an unfortunate cosmetic blemish.
Either way, you need a highly trained expert who uses the latest and least invasive techniques. The specialists at the Varicose Vein Center of New York City have a wide range of treatment options with the most cutting-edge equipment available to fix your vein problems. With three locations in NYC, there’s an office near you. Call today to make an appointment in Parsippany, Old Bridge or Sayreville.
Once the pain associated with bulging or visible veins — or just the appearance of the veins — concerns you enough, visit your vein treatment specialist at the vein treatment clinic in Manhattan. After a thorough physical exam, medical history and discussion of your symptoms in a consultation, Dr. Dmitry Gorelik reaches a diagnosis or orders additional tests, such as an ultrasound, to make a firm diagnosis.
Dr. Gorelik has several treatment options to help alleviate your symptoms and reduce the discomfort and appearance of bulging veins.
Most treatment options are less invasive and more effective than ever before. After your diagnosis, if no other medical concerns present themselves, your New York vein doctor may recommend that you start with self-care methods you can do at home, such as:
- Weight loss
- Reduction of time spent standing or sitting
- Looser clothing
- Leg elevation as often as possible
Compression stockings also are a form of treatment that Dr. Gorelik recommends. These garments squeeze your leg veins and muscles to encourage blood to flow more efficiently.
While there’s a range of commercial compression levels to choose from, your doctor can prescribe higher-strength stockings, if needed. If you’re using them to treat varicose veins, your insurance likely covers the cost.
Treatments for More-Severe Vein Conditions
If self-care treatments don’t improve your symptoms, your vein specialist at the Varicose Vein Center of New York City has other cutting-edge techniques. He always starts with the least invasive approaches, moving to more aggressive forms of treatment only if necessary.
Outpatient vein treatments include:
- Sclerotherapy for spider veins. Usually performed in under 30 minutes, this procedure involves injecting a saline or chemical solution into the inflamed spider veins. Some solutions contain lidocaine as a local anesthetic. The treated veins collapse and disappear within a few weeks, and the blood reroutes through nearby veins. Small spider veins respond well to sclerotherapy, but you may need follow-up treatments.
- Sclerotherapy for varicose veins. The procedure for varicose veins is similar to that of spider veins. To obliterate larger varicose veins, your doctor may choose a foam solution, instead of saline. This treatment takes about a half-hour, and you’re back to your normal activities the same day. While sclerotherapy for varicose veins has a success rate of up to 90 percent, sometimes additional treatments may be necessary.
- Endovenous laser ablation. Dr. Dmitry Gorelik begins the procedure by numbing the area to be treated with a local anesthetic. He then makes a small incision near the damaged vein and uses ultrasound imaging to guide a catheter into the vein. The tip of the catheter heats the vein walls, causing them to collapse, dry up, and eventually disappear into the surrounding tissue. Healthy veins nearby take over your blood flow. This technique works well on spider veins on your face, hands and feet.
- Endovenous radiofrequency ablation (RFA). This procedure is similar to laser ablation, except that this technique uses radiofrequency instead of lasers. Both methods use energy to destroy the walls of the vein, and both are safe and effective when applied by a board-certified specialist like Dr. Gorelik.
- Laser therapy for spider veins. Your New Jersey vein specialist focuses a laser on the surface of the spider veins you want removed. Strong bursts of light destroy the swollen and damaged veins without harming the surrounding skin. No needles or incisions are necessary, and the procedure is non-toxic and non-invasive. The treated veins slowly fade away after treatment.
- Ulcer treatment. Damaged blood vessels can prevent your skin and tissue from draining correctly, which may eventually form a venous stasis ulcer. Venous ulcers are open sores on or under the skin’s surface. They can become chronic and crippling. To prevent this outcome, your vein doctor may conventional treatments, such as:
- Compression therapy
- Topical ointments
- Wound care
- Antibiotic and other medications
- Surgical intervention as a last resort
- Ambulatory phlebotomy. This is a minimally-invasive, outpatient surgical technique that requires only a local anesthetic. Your doctor makes tiny incisions through your problem veins. Then he removes the damaged veins with specialized instruments. Both recovery time and scarring are minimal.
Recovery Times for Vein Treatments in NYC
Dr. Gorelik chooses the most appropriate treatment to resolve your discomfort. Pain relief comes within a few days, while improvements in the cosmetic vein appearance follows within a few weeks.
Ulcer treatments usually require longer recovery times, together with regular checkups and compression therapy to ensure a healthy recovery. Your vein specialist provides a post-treatment regimen to ensure a complete and speedy recovery.
Don’t put off your vein treatments. Contact the experts at the Varicose Vein Center of New York City to schedule a visit our NYC location or any of three NJ locations: Parsippany, Old Bridge and Sayreville. Prepare for your appointment by compiling:
- A list of your current medications
- A record of your medical history
- A summary of your exercise habits and diet
- A reasonable estimate of your sitting and standing routines
Call immediately if you experience any unusual side effects, such as running a fever or feeling your body get hot or inflamed at the site of the treatment. For the most part, vein treatments in Manhattan are extremely successful and safe. You see results within a week or after the plan of action you and your vein treatment doctor have agreed upon.
Call for an appointment today!212.400.3966